To the 505 Home Page
To the Current Whats New
What's New on the 505 North American Home Page? (and some other
sites) Jan-Jun 1996
- St. Francis Yacht Club 5o5 and I-14 Regatta by Mike
Martin, with contributions from
- 60 505s Racing at Keil Week!
- Sailing World's Initial Report on
their evaluation of the 49er, Boss and Jet against the International 505
- Some things to consider while racing a 505 around the course
- 1996 505 North American Championship Notice of Race
- Sailing World is on the web. Check
out the bulletin boards...
- Entry Form for 1996 5o5 Canadian Championships, August 3-5
Britannia Yacht Club, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Entry Form for the 1996 5o5 North American Championship,
August 6-11 at
the Kingston Yacht Club, in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Notice of Regatta, 35th Annual 505 East Coast Championship at the
New Bedford Yacht Club
- Lots of additions to the 505s for sale in
- West River Mid-Atlantic Regatta Amthors dominate!
- Some comments on the IYRU 2000 Open Dinghy High Performance,
a Seattle sailor excerpted from the June 3rd IYRU The Week in Sailing
- How to install a mast ram from the 505 e-mail list...
- Recent 505 News..... Australia, Zimbabwe, South Africa,
North America and ????
An evaluation of the 49er by Andy Rice, from Seahorse Magazine
- Seahorse Magazines coverage of
505 Worlds, by Bob Ross
- 505s For Sale in Australia
- A listing of all known 505 builders with a brief description of their 505. Comments and additions welcomed!
- A very late report on the 1995 Eastern Canadian Championships
by Stephen Yates
- A message from Alan Walker, President of the Canadian 5o5 Class Association
- A message from Shona and Steve Loveshin, editors of 505 Express, the Canadian 5o5 Newsletter
- International Magazine is in the Mail
- Rigging details from the '96 Worlds
- Kenny Elliott/Alan Kilgore win Hampton Trapeze in tie-breaker
- Images of a a Lindsay, a Hamlin, and a Waterat, as delivered to the customer
- Terry Neff/Ethan Bixby win West River Spring!
- More photos from the '96 Worlds, including rigging details!
- More boats sold, another boat for sale
- Report on the Le Lavandou Regatta By Richard Lefevre
- Hampton 5o5 Sailors Win Star Wars the Chesapeake Bay
Champion of Champions Regatta from the May Spinsheet magazine.
- Information on the Kyrwood 505
- Information on the Kulmar 505
- A discussion of alternative courses, from the 505 e-mail list
- A discussion on centerboard sections and construction, from the 505
- A nice quote about the 1996 Worlds, from Ian Grant, Yachting
- Additional reports on the '96 Worlds
- Hong Kong 505 Association
- North Sails One Design
- Britannia Yacht Club, Ottawa, home of much of
505 Fleet 4
- Lac Deschenes Sailing Club, another
Ottawa club with 505s
- The Sailor's Tailor - Boat and rudder
- US Olympic Trials Coverage
- Olympic Sailing - Savannah - Coverage
- CBYRA is on the web!
- 505 Team dominates CBYRA Star Wars
- Notes from the '96 505 Class Annual General Meeting
- Lots of updates to Worlds Coverage
- Bransford Eck's 1976 TankTalk Article on Foil Design.
(In Adobe Acrobat *.PDF; requires Acrobat Reader)
- Photos of World Championship Racing
- Indiana University Forms New 505 Fleet!
- 1996 Le Lavandou Europa Cup Results - 97 boats
concurrent with the 105 boat pre-worlds on the other side of the world!
- Updates to Weight article
- Several boats have sold, several more for sale
- 1996 Australian Championship and Pre-Worlds...105
- 1996 World Championship in Townsville Australia
- 505 Sailor George
Iverson leads Star Western Hemisphere's after five races!
- Used 505s selling at record pace
- More comments regarding the 505 2000 Olympic
- More comments on allowing or banning additional
- Larry Tuttle's Comments about a 505 Class Olympic
- The Return of 5o5 7200 Photos and discussion
of the restoration and rerigging of this wood finished Waterat 505. The
boat is on its way to Australia for the '96 Worlds as this article was
- 505 Class Stand photos from the SAILEXPO 1996
- Two photos showing the 505's distinctive hull
- Bryan Largay writes the editor of Sailing World
in response to Carl Schumacher' claim that ...sport boats fill the
needs of sailors who grew up sailing 470s and 505s. Bryan points out that
those sailors are still racing 505s! Real men don't have cabins on their
- New article with additional weight discussion
since March 21st. E-mail your vote to Andrew Cole at LaserAndy@aol.com
before March 29th!
- Two IYRU This
Week In Sailing articles discussing the 2000 Olympics Open, Dinghy,
High Performance contenders.
- 505 Class In the News Recently
- The 505 Class's e-mail discussion about "Should the 505 Apply
for the 2000 Olympics" hi-lighted
in the IYRU's "This Week in Sailing". Meanwhile, check
out the version of this article on the 505 home page, as we have added
- Check out John Burnham's Column in this month's Sailing World.
The 505 class is hi-lighted in a brief discussion of SAILEXPO
- The IYRU Web
Site "This Week in Sailing" coverage of the London Dinghy Show
mentions the resurgance in the 505 (and Enterprise and Fireball) classes.
- Recently, a Swedish Keelboat sailor, bored with keelboats, asked in
Usenet rec.boats.racing what exciting dinghy he should buy, more replies
favourable about the 505 were posted than for any other boat.
- On a recent AOL "chat" about the state of One Design Sailing
in the US, American Section VP Ali Meller was asked why the 505 class was
seeing such a resurgence in interest.
- Richard Phillips, General Secretary of the FD
class adds his comments (at end) to the Should the 505 Class Apply forthe 2000 Open High Performance Dinghy slot discussion.
- 505 Molds For Sale - California
- Updates to World Championship Information
- Coverage of the 41st International 505 World Championships
in Townsville Australia (and Australian National Championionship) Begins!!
- in a Raffle
- 505s at St. Francis Spring! Two US 505 Worlds
competitors duke it out in the last regatta before the Australian Nationals
and World Championship.
- Updates (at end) to the Should the 505 Class
Apply for the 2000 Open High Performance Dinghy slot discussion.
- Updates (at end) to the How should the 505
Class respond to the IYRU changing the rules regarding wearing additional
weight, and banning it discussion.
- The 505 California Newsletter - March 1996
- Images (and brief discussion) of 505 7678 being
rebuilt by George Saunders.
- More comments (at end of article) on whether
the 505 Class should apply for the High Performance Open Dinghy slot at
the 2000 Olympics
- The complete lyrics - I think to Flight
5o5 by The Rolling Stones
- Mike Martin reports on the 1996 Southern
- Hyannis Yacht Club
host for HYC Annual and the '98 505 Worlds is on the web. You can register
for the Hyannis Annual using the online form!
- Virtually no studies on hiking and backs have
been done, according to Olympic sailor and exercise physiologist, Shona
- An Exercise Physiologist (and Olympic Sailor)
View of Hiking by Shona Moss Lovshin
- Further comments (at end of article) on whether
the 505 should seek the "High Performance Open Dinghy" slot for
the 2000 Olympics
of Race for the 42nd (1997) 505 World Championship, in Denmark
What Is New on the 505 Home Page... 1995