To the 505 Home Page
To the current What's New
What's New on the 505 North American Home Page?(and some other
November '96 through February '97
- Check out coverage of the first ever (1958) Australian 505 Championship, and the 1966 505 World Championship in Australia, on the Australian 505 Web Site. The Worlds coverage includes photos of Elvstrom driving from the wire.
- Notice of Race (partial) for Bermuda International Race Week
- Bermuda Race Week Shipping Information
- Southern California Midwinters by Mike Martin
- Some Thoughts from the American Section Vice President reprinted from the January '97 Tank Talk
- Howard Hamlin gets "honorable mention" in Annual Sailing World Medal of Achievment awards - in One-Design, Men Category. 1st at the North Americans and 2nd at the worlds was not quite good enough. Better luck next time, Howard!
- You're Going to Get Wet Anyway Blaire Largay makes the case for wetsuits in wet boats. From the Sailing World web site.
- New Articles on the Australian 505 web site.
- Application for Invitation for Bermuda International Race Week. Print it off, fill out, and fax back to James MacDonald, or e-mail a complete response.
- Updates to the Bernuda Race Week Information from James MacDonald
- An Ullman/Danger (Howard Hamlin) tuning sheet... I'm checking how current this is.
- Updated Hamlin tuning matrix ...also checking how current
- Building Luvvly Jubbly (a wooden 505) by Rupert Maynard, reprinted from 505 Great Britain
- US Straight Rigs: Contrasting the East Coast "D" North rig, the West Coast "D" Danger rig, and the older Steve Benjamin epsilon rig
- 505s are IN Bermuda Race Week!! Information about Race Week is up on the web site. The dates are April 26th-May 3rd, contact Ali Meller for details. See you in Bermuda!
- 1997 505 Schedule for Belgium from Philippe Chevalier
- US representation @ 97 Danish Worlds why US teams should go to the '97 Worlds... by John Fry
- Notice of Race for the Swedish 5o5 Championship
- 5o5 sailor Chris Nicholson (5o5 World Champion '92 & '94, multiple time Australian 5o5 Champion) has won the Aussie 18 Grand Prix Series for the second year in a row. Nicholson and his crew sailed Skilled to wins in four of the five events on the cirucit. WAY TO GO, NICHO!!!
- Krister Bergstrom, the man, the myth, the legend contributed by Ebbe Rosen
- Photos from the 1988 (Sydney) and '89 (Felixstowe) 5o5 World Championship contributed by Ebbe Rosen. We are having a caption contest for the two capsize pictures of US 8012...send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos of the Spiro pole launcher and a mast ram contributed by Ebbe Rosen
- Lots of updates to the 505 registry thanks to Simon J. Lake
- Updates to the 505 Registry we hope to eventually record information on every 505 ever built.....
- 1997 UK Fixtures
- Kyrwood Composites brochure including SailEXPO Pricing
- Kyrwood 5o5 champion, Andrew Hewson and Simon Burt, winners of the junior World championships at Townsville in Northern Queensland, Australia, during April 1996. Photo courtesy Kenyon Sports Photos Australia, http://www.kenyonsportsphotos.com.au
- More Updates to North American Schedule
- The 1996 505 Grafham Winter Series from the 505 pages at Intersail
- The 1996 505 Grafham Winter Series - Report 2 from the 505 pages at Intersail
- German Regatta Schedule (tentative)
- Updates to NA Regatta Schedule
- The 505 Registry: all known - to Ali - 505s by sail number, with year, builder, owners, models etc.
- Buying Used UK 505s - Notes on builders, models and what to buy from Paul Young of Rondar Raceboats
- Updates to International Officers - New Class Secretary in Finland
- Why is racing in sailboats so difficult to understand ? by Patrick P. Bergmans, Chairman of the IYRU Racing Rules Committee, Jury Secretary 1996 Olympic Regatta. On the ISAF web site.
- Preliminary (very) North American schedule
- Updates to our links section
- Updates to "typical 505 sailors" article
- The RACING RULES of SAILING for 1997-2000, on the ISAF Web site. Thanks to ISAF President Paul Henderson and ISAF Web master David McCreary for making the new rules available to us, despite resistance from some National Sailing Authorities.
- Prices - from Rondar - for trailers, trolleys, masts, etc.
- Season wrapup press release
- Boring images of practicing at West River Sailing Club in ALMOST NO WIND!
- The North American pre-owned 505s for sale list - more updates
- Lots of recent activity on the 505 Bulletin Board. Post your comments and thoughts...
- New Australian 505 Web Site
- New Site and New Look for the European 505 Web Site
- The Santa Cruz 505 "Midwinters" Report.... and fleet meeting announcement
- Europa Cup Schedule for 1997 in letter from Jean-Philippe Senn
- Results (top 27) in 1996 Europa Cup
- Power Trapezing, How to become a weapon on the wire, by Mike Mills. Mike Mills is the 1996 505 Midwinter champion crew and a private sailing coach. From the Sailing World web site.
- Recent 505 News..... November
- Table of Gear and Crew Weights at the 1996 Ronstan 505 UK National Championship
- 505 Bulletin Board Additions
- Additions to Ebbe Rosen's News from Sweden
- 505 News - and photos - from Sweden from Ebbe Rosen
- History of the 505 North American web site and the 505 e-mail list server
- 505 (and FD and International Canoe) Midwinter Championship Notice of Race, January 3-5th. Preceded by 505 coaching clinic.
- 505s for sale in the UK list maintained by Chris Romans
- Washington Yacht Club Snowflake Regatta: Notice of Race
- Threading the spinnaker halyard in a launcher boat
- ISAF Press Release saying that the 49er is in, and the Star is out of the Olympics
- , Karl's Boat Shop, added to 505 builder contact information
- Additions to Refinishing Wooden Boats discussion
- Another Powerpoint Presentation about the 505 and 505 Class. This one is for the November '96 ISAF Conference in Brighton. Lots of slides, lots of images, big file, requires Powerpoint Version 7.
- The Parker Mast-step Repair by Rick Leir. From the Fleet 4 (Ottawa) web site. Some all-glass Parkers from the mid '80s may require this repair.
- Some quick thoughts on how to gybe a 505
- A 505 On the Cover of The Week in Sailing, the International Sailing Federation Weekly Web Magazine.
- Preliminary Notice of Race for the Europa Cup (France) Event... in the south of France.....
- Early notice of race for 1997 Hyannis "Pre Worlds" Regatta this is a warm-up for the 1998 Worlds, at the same venue and same time of year.
What is New on the 505 Home Page... July-Oct 1996
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Jan-Jun 1996
What Is New on the 505 Home Page... 1995