To the 505 Home Page
To the Current "What's New"
New stuff on the 505 North American Home Page
(and links to good stuff on other sites)
September 1998 - April 1999
- Santa Cruz Regatta Report
- Bristol (RI) Spring Notice of race
- April 1999 Issue of 505 Canada
- 505 European Cup Series Rules
- SOCKS - Seattle Notice of Race
- 1999 Canadian 505 Championships-Notice of Race
- Information on Spring 505 Events in US Region II (Mid-Atlantic)
- More photos of the unknown Parker. Please help identify this 505!
- NOR: Danish 505 Euro-cup and Scandinavian Championship - 1999
- 2002 Worlds Poster, from the Western Australia 505 Homepage. See you in Freemantle!
- Euro Cup Denmark - Accomodation Information. Make arrangements ASAP! From Joergen Schoenherr.
- 505 at One Design Showcase, Amityville NY by Dave Anderson
- 2000 Worlds in Durban, South Africa, November 13th to November 24th 2000
- Help Identify this old Parker 505, currently on Long Island, NY, USA
- International Sailing Federation President, Paul Henderson's recent President's Letter discussing the proposed changes to the advertising code
- Hi-Per '99 Report, and excuses for the no-shows
- American Section-Order deadline for Container (Rondar in UK to Guck, Inc. in Rhode Island)
- ISAF Proposal to change Rules Governing Advertising
- 505 Results at Hi-Per '99, maybe someone in California will write us an article.
- French National Championship by Jean-Luc Muzellec. Translation by Jean-Baptiste Dupont.
- To prepare for the worlds in France this summer...English/French translation of common 505 sailing terms
- Neat mast head cam shots of a Europe dinghy and of windtunnel tests from Mikko Brummer on the WB-Sails web site
- Team 505 Wins Chesapeake Bay Champion of Champions Regatta, Again!
- In Australia and South Africa, Fall is around the corner. In Europe and much of North America, the sailing season is about to start. In Ottawa, Lac Deschenes is still ice covered. Check out these near-real-time images of Lac Deschenes. Check back frequently, the ice normally breaks up about mid April.
- French 505 Championship high-lighted on ISAF Breaking News
- French Championship at Cavalaire, April 1-4. From reports by Angela Stenger and Detlef Ihmels.
- Boite/Muzellec win 83 505 French National Championship at Cavalaire! Results Hunger/Jess(GER) 2nd, Pinnell/Powell(GBR) 3rd, Upton-Brown/Johnson(GBR) 4th, Boehm/Roos(GER) 5th.
- Organizing 505 Events links and suggestions for event organizers
- Sample Sailing Instructions in Word or Wordperfect, from the Canadian 505 Web Site.
- Some Recent photos from the Florida Midwinters, London Dinghy show, and Vancouver
- Fleet 19 Coaching Event April 24 (and maybe 25th)
- UK (Rondar) to Rhode Island (Guck, Inc.) Container scheduled for late June, early July
- Description of the Pinnell & Bax 505 (Rigged by Pinnell & Bax) from the Pinnell & Bax web site. Scroll past the training/other boats to the 505 listing...
- USA Fleet 19 "Pre-Spring" by Allan Freedman
- Updates to Western Australia Home Page
- Histoire de F8 (History of F8), from the French 505 Web Site
- 505 F8 (built 1953) will be at the 1999 Worlds!
- Plans for the Witch-Craft 505
- 505 T-SHIRTS by Chris Goodenough, US West Coast 505 sailor
- New US 505 Builder Witch-Craft , office in Vermont, production in Rhode Island. Witch-Craft is acquiring the most recent set of Ballenger 505 tooling.
- A Bigger Spinnaker Might Be The Answer, by Geoff Lange, crew AUS8280. From the International 505's Down Under web site.
- New Colorado 505 Fleet web site
- Onne van der Wal worlds images, from the Onne van der Wal web site
- More great stuff on the Christer/Pelle Bath 505 history web site
- Great MPEG movies and some still images of 505 sailing in the Pacific Northwest, on the 505 Pacific Northwest web site.
- Notice of Regatta: West Marine 1999 505 North American Championship
- Presentation of the First Annual Dave Cahn Trophy at the 1998 World Championship
- Notice of Race for 1999 pre-Worlds and 44th International 505 World Championship. Pre-worlds June 30 to July 2, measurement July 3, Worlds July 4 to July 10.
- Additional Worlds Information
- Notice of Race for 1999 French National Championship at Cavalaire April 1 to April 4
- 505 Class participation in the Toronto Boatshow
- 1999 Scottish 5o5 Travellers Trophy events
- Corrected Dates for Euro Cup - Riva del Garda, back to May 13-16.
- Team Spot Announcement - Spot (a conversion van and official spokesvan for Team Spot) annnounced today that Team Spot member Barney Harris is now engaged to Becky Mattes. Spot was not able to comment on questions regarding Barney's future commitment to dinghy racing. Comments should be addressed to Barney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results of the European Cup Series 1998 are up. You can either look at it with your browser (click on 1998 "European Cup")
or download an Excel File (click on "download"). 171 505s participated! (172 in 1997)
- Updated West Coast 505 Info Source
- A new look for the Western Australian 505 Homepage
- 463 - A wooden Fairey Marine 505 - to be Restored. Assistance Requested
- Lots of updates to the North American Regatta Schedule
- Lots of updated links to other class associations
- Check out the photos of the 8233 (Parker 25) repair on the Montreal Fleet site. Click on "PHOTOS" and scroll down. Another Parker 25 was used as a plug to make a bow mold for the repair.
- A collection of articles on 505 maintenance
- New stuff on the Ottawa 505 Fleet - Canada Fleet 4 web site
- Pictures of Howie/Mike/Marty racing 18s (pic 1) and pic 2 .. and a closeup of the boys drying off in the Aussie sunshine..
- West Coast (of USA) Midwinters, February 13-14 at Alamitos Bay YC
- UK 1999 Calendar
- More history from the Canadian 505 Web Site, top finishers at the Canadian Championship, Eastern Canadian, and Provinical Championships, plus top Canadians at Worlds and NAs
- 1999 Worlds Information
- More New Reports on the Australian 505 Web Site
- More additions to the 5-0-5 nostalgia trip web site
- Sailing World article on the 505 Worlds, with full sized photographs. Formatted like the magazine article.
- Sailing World article on the 505 Worlds, formatted for the web.
- More Onne van der Wal images of the 1998 Sea-Land International 505 World Championship
- Updates to the 1999 North American regatta schedule
- Updates to 505 history from Christer and Pelle Båth. Apparently Marcel Buffet has not changed at all since 1970!
- Explanation and ballot for Class Rule Changes. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY, ENSURE THAT YOU ARE A CLASS MEMBER, AND RESPOND!
- AMERICAN Revolution: 505 Worlds Reprinted with permission from SAIL magazine--December, 1998
- What's New in Australia Lots actually.
- Minutes of the 1998 International 505 Class Yacht Racing Association Annual Meeting
- Further discussion on the entry limits at the 1999 World Championship in Quiberon
- Team Sweden after the 1980 5o5 Worlds From left to right: Gunnar Andersson, Olle Wenrup, Patrik Österman (part of
the swedish support boat team), Stefan Blidner, Anders Malmström, Ebbe Rosen.
Ed - you may find it hard to see Olle and Ebbe in this picture.. just imagine that the people in the picture have much less hair now...
- Mikko Brummer writes:
"The Wilén twins (the "W" in WB sails) in their Loco VI, I think, they had probably 8 or 9 505s all named "Loco" during their long career. On this particular boat they came 3rd in the 1972 Worlds in Hanko (Finland), the first 505 Worlds I also attended. I remember we had a wild prize giving party then at the local Casino (thanks to the French who won, of course), resulting in a ban for the whole 505 class to race for at least in 5 years in the very popular Hanko Regatta.... "
The Wilén twins celebrated their combined 50th birthday last spring. Mikko reports it was "quite a party!"
- Rosen/Wenrup sailing S-7033 'Black Turkey'. The photo is from a Swedish 505 worlds qualifier race in Tjuvkil in June-80, on the water outside Kalle Nilsson's homeclub at that time.
- Larger Spinnaker Evaluations
- From the Wire, newsletter of the Canadian 505 Class Association
- Honourary Memberships in the Canadian 505 Class Association for Ali Meller & Graham Alexander.
- SAIL Magazine (current issue) has article on 505 World Championship
- International Sailing Federation, President's Report, #14 November 1998
- 1999 Worlds Will Have Entry Limit of 135 505s
- The Quest for the
Perfect Shape a great article on the perfect sailshape, from the awesome WB-Sails Web Site. The first sails that WB-Sails made when the loft started... were 505 sails.
- New Montreal 505 Fleet Web Site. I am particularly glad to see this new site. As an ex Canadian 505 sailor (in Ottawa), I know that the Montreal 505 "fleet" has been down to one 505 for most of the past twenty years. Seeing these levels of enthusiasm - and growing numbers - in Montreal, and in also places like Windsor, the Pacific Northwest, Texas, Chicago, San Diego, Indiana and more is very gratifying. We are growing stronger in a number of areas where we had very limited 505 activity. I look forward to racing 505 regattas in Montreal and in some of other areas where we are building or rebuilding active 505 fleets.....Ali Meller, VP International 505 Class Yacht Racing Association.
- Onne van der Wal photos of the Sea-Land 43rd International 505 World Championship
- ISAF Conference Final Report. The International Sailing Federation Meeting will result in a few changes that may affect the 505 Class.
- Brief Discussion of the above, hilighting some changes, by Ali Meller
- 505 Class American Section Coaching Program
- Hi-Per '99 at the California Yacht Club, April 10-11
- Bruce Fleming - USA 7877 - photos of the Hyannis World Championship
- Reflections on Hyannis by David Porter. From the Australian 505 web site. The Aussie singing, drinking and 505 racing team let down by the Poms.
- Hoosier Regatta report - Oct. 24th-25th, by Geoff Cashman
- Preliminary 1999 French Schedule
- Web coverage and newspaper coverage archived to the web of the Sea-Land 43rd International 505 World Championship (and North American Championship)
- US SAILING Special Presidential Award for the Hyannis Yacht Club
- Marcel Buffet: Histoire d'un champion de 505, Story of a 505 champion, from the Swedish 505 web site
- Initial Impressions of the KISS Rondar by Ali Meller
- PUMPKIN PATCH REGATTA REPORT by Allan Freedman
- 505 Sailor Cam Lewis Invited to Represent United States at The Nations Trophy
- '98 Worlds and pre-Worlds photos by Peter Danby
- Olympic Sailing Committee Names 505 Racer Gary Bodie Head Olympic Coach
- British Columbian 505 Championships, 3-4 October 1998, Kitsilano Yacht Club, Vancouver, BC, by Cynthia Des Brisay
- Eastern Canadian Championship/CORK '98 - Report and Results by Chris Gillies
- Western Canadian Championship by Charles Hansen
- Carl Miller Regatta Report by Allan Freedman
- North Sails Gulf Coast Tuning Sheet
- CORK report by Chris Gillies
- Stiffening Up An Older Boat by Dave Anderson & Fred Liesegang. Fred and Dave added tubing between the chainplates and the mast gate, and from the mast gate to the step, and stiffened up Parker 4936 considerably.
- A NOT SO DRUNKEN OUTING: How I spent a recent Sunday helping to rescue a 505 from the depths of the Chesapeake by Allan Freedman
- Peter Epstein's Comments on the Sinking and Rescue of 505 4134
- Top Ten at the Sea-Land 43rd 505 World Championship Gear and Crew Weight Table
- Belgian Championship, by Philippe Chevalier
- The Canadian 505 Home Page
- An Interview with Barry Kuehl reprinted from Tank Talk
- Minutes of 1998 American Section AGM held during North American Championship in Hyannis
- Notice of Regatta for third annual Hoosier 505 Regatta October 24, 25, IUYC, Lake Lemon, Indiana
What is New on the 505 Home Page... January 1998 - August 1998
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Feburary 1997 - December 1997
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Nov 1996 - February
What is New on the 505 Home Page... July-Oct 1996
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Jan-Jun 1996
What Is New on the 505 Home Page... 1995