To the 505 Home Page
New stuff on the International 505 Home Page
(and links to good stuff on other sites)
March 2000 - August 2000
- Finnish National Championship Report and a very positive report on the renewed 505 activity in Finland this year by Mike Laiho
- Eastern Canadian Championship Report, August 5-6, Beaconsfield Yacht Club, Montreal, QC, by Ian Torrie
- UK 505 Circular, 26 August 2000 by Rob Napier
- Danish Championship Results
- Jeff Boyd/Martin tenHove win East Coast (of North America) Championship, by Rick Thompson
- More images added to the Pacific Coast Championship and North American Championship images page
- Updated 2000 North American Championship Information about Competitors
- Ian Pinnell/Nick Powell win 505 European Championship/UK Nationals/UK European cup event as race 6 is abandoned
- European Championship Race 5. The stage is now set for exciting final day with Pinnell/Powell favourite, but both Payne/Masterman and
Smithwhite/Fulcher could still win the event with a victory in race 6.
- European Championship Race 4 (Race of the Year!)
- North American Championship Report
- Images from the North American championship
- Pacific Coast Championship Results
- European Championship, Race 3
- Mike Martin/Steve Bourdow win 45 team 505 North American Championship
- 2000 505 European/UK National/UK Europa Cup coverage
- 2000 Ontario 505 Championships, July 29-30, 2000, Report by Angus Ross
- Final ISAF Advertising Code wording
- Reports and Results from the 2000 North American Championships in Santa Cruz, CA
August 10-13, 2000
- The NEW International 505 Class Great Britain web site!
- Florida Midwinters NOR, February 2-4, 2001, and entry form.
- Oak Harbor Summer Regatta Report, July 15-16, by Cynthia Des Brisay
- 505 Northwest 2000 Divisional Championship Series -- current standings. With two events to go, Paul von Grey (and various crews) have a narrow lead!
- 505 Co-Ed Championship/High Sierra Regatta, July 15-16, by Bruce Edwards
- Santa Cruz YC Regatta, July 22-23, by Howard Hamlin
- UK Circular, 26 July, 2000 by Rob Napier
- Swedish Nationals Report by Ebbe Rosen
- Weymouth and Portland Sailing Academy 505 open report
- Ian Pinnell and Nic Powell -- the winners -- photo added to the French National Championship Report
- Dates announced for 2001 505 World Championship at Clube Naval de Cascais, Nr Lisbon in Portugal, practice series and worlds from 19 to 28 September, 2001
- Avec trois victoires et une place de sixieme, Ian Pinnell and Nick Powell ont survole l'Open de France 2000 , by Jean-Baptiste Dupont
- UK Circular, 13 July, 2000, by Rob Napier
- UK 505 Circular, 30 June, 2000, by Rob Napier
- Old 505 sailors never die, they just... pictures from the 505 reunion party, on the amazing 5-0-5 nostalgia trip web site
- Canadian Championship, 1-3 July, KYC, Kingston, Ontario Report by Michael Hoffman
- Photos and report from the New England Championship at Falmouth YC on Cape Cod
- UK 505 Inland Championship Report and photos by Ian Pinnell
- A Report on the French European Cup event at Cavalaire by Jean-Baptiste Dupont
- Scandinavian Champtionship & Eurocup NOR, Roskilde - Denmark May 19-21
- Ian Barker/Simon Hiscocks confirmed as the 49er members of the British Olympic Sailing Team. So far of the teams that will be racing 49ers in Sydney, at least Barker/Hiscocks (UK), Chris Nicholson (Australia), and Jonathan McKee/Charlie McKee (USA) are/were 505 sailors.
- Cavalaire 2000 - Short report by Jean-Baptiste Dupont
- UK Circular, 24 April 2000
- Ian Barker/Simon Hiscocks come from behind to win key UK 49er Olympic trials event. The winners must now wait for 24 hours whilst the RYA Olympic Steering group decide whether to extend the trials for any of the classes, or whether to present the weeks winners to the BOA for approval. .
- Zimbabwe 505 Fleet News
- Barker/Hiscocks trail by two, in the 49er UK Olympic Trials
- Barker/Hiscocks lead by one, in the 49er UK Olympic Trials
- No racing today in UK Olympic trials due to winds over 30 knots.
- Ian Barker/Simon Hiscocks extend lead to 6 points in the 49er UK Olympic Trials. Six races remaining
- Ian Barker/Simon Hiscocks leading 49er UK Olympic Trials
- MHYC (and big spinnakers) Report 8/4/00
- MHYC (and big spinnakers) Report 1/4/00
- Toronto Saturday 1/4/00 Report (and big spinnakers)
- If you care about your local 505 fleet, check out this link the US Sailing Association Fleet Captain's Handbook
- Highlights of the ODCC Panel Discussion on One-Design Class Growth and Promotion held during the Spring meeting of US SAILING March 24, 2000 at the Chicago Yacht Club. Two of the three panelists were 505 sailors!
- Current Draft of the ISAF Advertising Code on the ISAF Web Site
- UK 505 Circular, 2 April 2000
- Images of the Van Munster 505
- 2000 World Championship web site
- The latest draft of the ISAF Advertising Code does not appear to allow classes to charge any advertising fees, contrary to 505 class desires. You can download the rtf (readable by word processing software like Word) version for complete markups showing new, revised, etc. text.
- Rules of the 505 European Cup issued March 2000
- European Cup 2000: Confirmed List of Events
- MHYC Saturday 18/3/00 report, with some mention of long luff spinnakers
- Nellie (Ian Pinnell) 2nd at Fireball Worlds
- Santiago Lopez-Vazquez/ J.de la Plata of Spain win 49er Worlds. 505 sailor results: Chris Nicholson 5th, Jonathan McKee/Charlie McKee 6th, Ian Barker/Simon Hiscocks 10th. In silver Fleet Hugh Stodart 5th.
- A Peter Bentley (ISAF News Editor) editorial on selecting Olympic Classes from the latest ISAF Making Waves
- UK 505 Circular, 21 March 2000
- 505 Reunion Bash
- A great report on the 505 Europeans 1969, from the amazing Pelle Båth's 5-0-5 nostalgia trip web site; A website for 505 fans who remember "the good old days".
Hint: Ever heard of any of the following? Derek Farrant, Harold Cudmore, J.Danielou, Yves and Marc Pajot? and more.
"The field was a representative and star studded one with the cream of Europe supplemented by entries from as far afield as Hong Kong and the Argentine."
"Technical talking point of the week, was the introduction of spinnaker chutes ..."
A trial long luff spinnaker on 8734 (and a shot of the last race start).|
Photos shot while waiting for some breeze at the Florida Midwinters.
This is a 6 meter luff length spinnaker with a long foot. It also
appears to be quite full, at least in places. My expectation is that
the optimum 6 meter luff length kites will be shorter on the foot
and flatter, more like our current medium kites, but with a higher
aspect ratio, and that we will also develop high aspect ratio
versions of our small kites, for use in over 15 knots.
- Western Australia February 27th Report
- Winter training session in Sarzeau Britany by Jean-Baptiste Dupont
- UK Circular, 5 March 2000
What is New on the 505 Home Page.. current
What is New on the 505 Home Page... March 2000 - August 2000
What is New on the 505 Home Page... November 1999 - February 2000
What is New on the 505 Home Page... May 1999 - October 1999
What is New on the 505 Home Page... September 1998 - April 1999
What is New on the 505 Home Page... January 1998 - August 1998
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Feburary 1997 - December 1997
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Nov 1996 - February '97
What is New on the 505 Home Page... July-Oct 1996
What is New on the 505 Home Page... Jan-Jun 1996
What Is New on the 505 Home Page... 1995